Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2019

AK Adventure Day 58: Homer to Anchorage

Lovely breakfast with sister in Homer...before we went our separate ways to both head back to Anchorage.

BTW Tidbit # 1: It is difficult to plan a tourism trip around my favorite cafe/beverage stops...since SO many of the places are only open for breakfast...or breakfast/lunch...or happy hour/dinner...or closed on Mondays...or ONLY open on Saturday/Sunday...etc...etc...etc!!...Trying to FIT eating in on a tourist’s time schedule is often a logistical nightmare!!...LOL!!


OMG!!...could that REALLY be rain!!??...I have only had a handful of raindrops hit the van since my overnight at Skilak Lake way back on June 6th!!...Driving through the Sterling area...I could still see smoke in the hills from the Swan Lake Forest Fire.  

BTW Tidbit # 2: Swan Lake Fire—100,000+ acres burned...441 fire-fighting personnel involved...25% containment!!...I thank ALL for their continued service!!




I decided to stop at Byron Glacier...to see IF I STILL wanted to keep it on the “tourist itinerary”!!...I decided YES...even though the glacier has receded WAY BACK...for the first day of an AK tour...it is a nice easy trek, past lovely scenery...so it is now back ONTO the itinerary!!



Lovely drive...ALWAYS...around the Turnagain Arm...passed some time again at the only Anchorage metroplex public library open on Sundays!!...then caught some take offs and landings of float planes while waiting to pick up my TX peep for out FUN week of AK tourism!!





Spent the night in Chugiak at my sister’s friend’s home...rested up...and tomorrow starts more FUN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment