Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2019

AK Adventure Day 56: Still peonies & some tourism

Another beautiful morning at the Jones’ Homestead.





Not misty in the fields this morning...but still quite enjoyable.



I’ll admit...I don’t have much experience with horses...so when I saw these horses “sleeping”...I was a  bit nervous...I have never seen them laying flat out before!!...of course I saw they were still breathing...so no cause for alarm!! LOL!!


Morning peony field work.  I’m mostly the weeding person!!...since I am the one here at the moment  who doesn’t hate that mindless kind of work!!...like washing the dishes...or hanging laundry on the line...or mowing grass...you know...no brainwork needed!! ...of course for ME...I’d make it a priority to cover these “empty” peony holes with black plastic so there would be NO WEEDS!!  I’ve fortunately, grown out of the need/desire to WEED gardens!!


I did branch out and deadheaded some plants...and even cut a few stems!!


This afternoon/evening...sister and I are doing some Homer tourist stuff.  To the Homer Spit...dinner at Capt Patties...an upscale restaurant with ocean view...then window shopped the Spit boutiques, art shops and fishing charter businesses....


Checked out a newer Russian Orthodox Church up on the mountainside overlooking Homer.  Deacon Andrew gave us a tour and told us about the history of the church and community.


On the way back to the Joneses to spend the night at one of their AirBnB “glamping tents”...we stopped at the Fritz Creek General Store...the OLD original building that is also the US Post Office for the area...along with grocery store, restaurant, liquor store, bakery...true Alaskan...a little bit of EVERYTHING!!  One stop shopping!!


Heading out early in the AM for a FULL day of western Kenai Peninsula tourism!!  YAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment