Pages

Friday, June 7, 2019

AK Adventure Days 16-18: Homer & Anchor Point, AK

The City of Homer offers a “7 day maximum” free parking lot on the spit!!...OK camping out there in the van!!

The Hasketh Island Workaway trip was postponed due to outboard motor failure...so I helped the host in town for one day at his wannabe vacation rental house. A S. Korean fellow Workaway volunteer and I cleaned up the yard...which was in much need of attention!!

I drove out east to Eveline Park, then back and up along Skyline Drive...neither drive had I ever done before.  Technically, you can drive east for 30 miles to Voznesenka. From there, there is a settlement (Kachemak Selo) of Russian Old Believers down a harrowing switchback road to the beach and then you’d have to travel 1 mile more down the beach.  I seriously doubt they’d appreciate...or even welcome ...tourists so I opted to not go out that far this time!!

Lovely scenic drives...Beautiful views of the Kachemak Bay glaciers...Very tranquil...very few people around!!...YAY!!

Stopped off at Anchor Point...to say I’d been to North America’s most westerly highway Point!!...and also to check out the campground.  All very nice...but not much compares to my favorite campsite at the Ninilchik View Recreation Area!!....






No comments:

Post a Comment