Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2019

AK Adventure Day 40: Homer

A full day of peony work at the Jones’ Farm.


The peony flower buds produce a sap that oozes down all over the leaves.  To prepare the blooms for harvest...since there has been no rain!!...we had to spray the leaves/buds with water and at the same time, we watered each plant.  The Canadian girl and I had a water tank in the back of a 4-wheeler and we went up and down the field...all day watering!!  PHEW!!...I was pooped!!




Some additional photos of the Jones’ Farm...the wedding venue...still finding cool things to look at there!!




Super cool hand made folding tables...there are a LOT of them!!


Unfortunately, in a few days...when the next wedding was scheduled...smoke from the Sterling Highway fire would be in Homer and COMPLETELY obstructing the VIEW!!

I could have just stayed at the Jones’ Farm for the night...but I felt like I needed some ALONE time!!...so I went back to the Homer Spit parking lot for a restful night’s sleep!!...hard to imagine that...being it is a public parking lot with people coming a going at all hours!! ...it is ALL a matter of perspective!!

No comments:

Post a Comment