Pages

Friday, June 7, 2019

AK Adventure Day 20: Lower Skilak Lake

Still making my way toward Seward....

Decided to check out something NEW!!

The Lower Skilak Lake offers “free” 14 day maximum/month camping!! WOOHOO!!

OMG!!...although I DO just LOVE the view of the volcanoes across the Cook Inlet...I found my 2nd MOST favorite campsite SO FAR!!...WHAT A VIEW across the Skilak Lake!! I’ll also be manifesting myself at that very same campsite on a return trip to the other side of the peninsula.

VERY FEW people around...the lake was SO peaceful...quite a LOVELY afternoon there for starting a new book series under the umbrella on my lounge chair!! I also took the opportunity to “organize” my Kenai Beach driftwood findings!!... you fellow OC Personality folks might certainly appreciate that pastime!! LOL!!

Since there are dandelions EVERYWHERE...and since I DO love some roasted dandelion root tea...I decided to investigate what I could do with dandelions!!

Whenever I have electric access again (WISH LIST: I NEED to add a solar and/or wind power generating set up to the van!!) I will make some fresh dandelion flower tea!!  In the meantime, I’m trying my hand at drying dandelion flowers on racks on the dash of the van...and later in the summer...I’ll harvest as many dandelion roots as I can to also dehydrate for winter enjoyment!!

I tried to buy an already put together window screen from Home Depot...but there were none...so I went over to the Bargain Basement thrift store...found some folding racks...and a piece of window screening...and improvised!!

Late in the afternoon I started hearing thunder in the southern mountain range.  The storm slowly made its way northeast towards me.

Even though I had thought I’d try to take a break from “technology” and “screen time” this summer!!....As the sunlight fades a little...in the evenings...I’ve been enjoying watching downloaded Netflix series!!  It is very restful...lounging on my van “couch”...the van’s back passenger bench seat!!  I always try to position the van so while I’m enjoying a series...I have but to look up and view some mountains, ocean, or other beautiful vistas out of the van windows!!...also makes for a lovely “napping” spot when the afternoon is warm and I’m all COZY in my little van cocoon!!

Just before bedtime, the wind really picked up and the rain started.  All was well...another safe night’s sleep in the van!!







No comments:

Post a Comment