Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

AK Adventure Day 85: Juneau to Skagway and beyond

EARLY morning off to the ferry terminal...and departure at 7:00am!! Hasta la vista Juneau!!





Sister and dog were at the NOA complex watching my ferry leave Auke Bay.



...there I am waving on the back of the ferry by the US flag!!



The ferry trip from Juneau to Haines and Skagway is the last leg of the journey for many passengers from either Bellingham, WA or Prince Rupert, BC.  So...this was very interesting for me to experience!! Although I didn’t see any tents pitched on deck—see the sign painted on the ferry wall (no tents under covered area of solarium)?? (And after all it was daytime AND the last 6 hrs of the ferry route!!)...there were MANY people, however, in sleeping bags napping on the deck deck loungers and asleep in hammocks!!  COOL!!



Made it back to Skagway without incident...and WOOHOO!!...the van was STILL in the parking lot!!
The Small Boat Harbor has outside water faucets...so I was able to fill up my 2 three gallon water bottles...YAY!! I filled up with gas...and headed NORTH at 3:30pm...on the drive OUT!!  Beautiful scenery...as usual!!










My goal was to make it to Teslin Lake Campground...but I ended up driving on to the Upper Liard River. I was looking for any pull off with other “campers” parked for the night.  Finally, found a nice BIG flat spot near the river that I had remembered seeing on the drive up.  Had a restful night’s sleep...and since I was WAY ahead of schedule...decided to just sleep until I woke up!!...of course I was the first “camper” tourist to leave the area the next morning!! LOL!!





No comments:

Post a Comment