Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Golden Year Brainstorming--Thoughts Part 3

Pools of Light...My favorite time of day is just at dark when all thoughts of what must be done stop & small pools of light come alive on tired faces everywhere. 

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson

...This is a pretty small space to fit all the stuff I've been thinking lately, but it's also a pretty good reminder to get to the point. The Point 

Eat, Pray, Love:
Liz: In the end, I've come to believe in something I call "The Physics of the Quest." A force in nature governed by laws as real as the laws of gravity. The rule of Quest Physics goes something like this: If you're brave enough to leave behind everything familiar and comforting, which can be anything from your house to bitter, old resentments, and set out on a truth-seeking journey, either externally or internally, and if you are truly willing to regard everything that happens to you on that journey as a clue and if you accept everyone you meet along the way as a teacher and if you are prepared, most of all, to face and forgive some very difficult realities about yourself, then the truth will not be withheld from you.

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”― Ernest Hemingway

remember this
You take my hand & say I want to feel what’s real & true with you & suddenly, I’m standing there
in eternity, as if I’d never left & to those of you who wonder if Love is something you’ll ever
trust again, I offer this: it is how we remember who we are.

dark garden
I once had a garden filled with flowers that grew only on dark thoughts but they need constant attention & one day I decided I had better things to do.

Tomorrowland
Casey: There are two wolves who are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. The question is: which wolf wins?
Nate Newton: The one you feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment