Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Alaska...day 6

At Dawson Creek, we started on the 1,523 mile long Alaska highway. 


I've been adding bumper stickers to Azul the van...and now have one that says "I drove the world famous Alaska highway."

We passed in to British Columbia and ended for the day in Fort Nelson. It was a bit shorter of a day's drive...so we went for a little hike...but we were SO SWARMED by mosquitoes...even with repellant on...that we cut the hike short!! We decided to splurge and go to a pub for dinner....since everyone was getting burned out on the "travel" snack food we had brought.  Our lovely waitress have us an order of "poutine"...for free...because we had never tasted the Canadian delicacy!! French fries topped with shredded mozzarella cheese and then smothered in some sort of brown gravy!!  We had just finished off a huge dinner...and after then eating the poutine...we were barely rolling out of the pub and to the van!!




1 comment:

  1. This is the 3rd time I have tried to comment. I got smart and copied the last one...
    You look like a happy bunch! Yes the screen tent is probably a good idea since those mosquitoes just get bigger and nastier the further north you go. The french fries with cheese curds and gravy is actually called Poutine. Robert loves it.It can be done using different ingredients but always starts with the basic. Robert introduced it to me in Ontario and Montreal. I have actually been to a restaurant that specializes in poutine. I love the pictures and wish I was there... Have a pint and think of me. Be safe most of all!

    ReplyDelete