Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Laundry Duty

The morning chores include: running, dressing for work, eating breakfast, checking email, brushing teeth, washing clothes, hanging clothes on the clothes line...then off to work in the bio-intensive demonstration garden.

After researching the most effective way to do hand washing...I pre-soak the clothes over night in a small plastic tub.  Then I scrub them the next morning on a washboard I borrowed from my sister.  Then comes two rinse cycles...wringing out between each batch.  If it is rainy, I hang the clothes in the little shed to dry.

I've embraced Mother Teresa's plan for clothing...only having "wash one/wear one" sets of work clothing...and I have added a "spare" set of everything...just in case!!  Also, only using a thin hand towel for drying off is MUCH easier to wash and dry every day.

So...I'm wearing one set of work clothes and then I just take the clothes off the line and have them ready to put on after I shower.  This streamlining has SO SIMPLIFIED my daily life!!  I love it!!

...cloudy mornings are the BEST!!  When the temperatures are still high, the cloud cover makes for lovely morning work in the garden!!





No comments:

Post a Comment