Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

60 Years Young Today!!

My...OH... My....has it really been a "new beginnings" year!!  Time sure flies when you're having a gypsy adventure!!

"How to live a life (or what I know so far...) 1.  You already are. Now. When are you going to choose to enjoy it? (How's that for clearing up the clutter?)"

I moved into a tent the end of June...yes...Texas summers are HOT!!  For a girl who loves to live in Alaska in the summers...you ask...WHY??...live in a tent during long stretches of 3 digit temperatures??

I was in between living places, so I thought taking the leap to the tent would be perfect timing...so...I embarked on a 6 month experiment in reducing my carbon footprint...one little step at a time.

I was still "connected" to the grid...using a small fan to keep cool when I went to sleep.  Once the sun went down behind the trees, the temperature dropped and sleeping was just fine!!  Only a few nights was it still 99 degrees at 8:00pm!!...but I survived without much angst!!



Also...my Pinterest-Homesteading board....

3 comments: