Pages

Monday, May 1, 2017

May Day

Happy May Day!!

Some further delving into accents...I thought I'd see what kind of accent I have!!

(side-notes--I remember NOT understanding a convenience store worker in Georgia who was trying to give me directions.  I thought she was saying go down the highway to highway "286"...but she was saying to just go down the highway "two exits"!!  WHAT an embarrassing experience that was as I kept repeating the question in various ways until I finally understood her!! Also, I now realize I don't say Nevada the way a Nevadian would say it--I say the "va" like vaaah/vamonos...NOT "va" like vaseline!!)

I wish I had known about the worldwide accent project from numerous years ago!!...some FUNNY accent videos out there!!

Part 1: Let's start with Texan accents!! 

Texas Twang!!
Texan Words--I only use Howdy...but that is a very recent addition to my vocabulary--Howdy Doody!!
Austin
East Texas--I think she sounds like a west Texan!!...probably too much time in LUBBOCK!!
These sound more East Texas to me East Texas
Northeast Texas
Dallas
Fort Worth
Panhandle
El Paso
Southeast Texas
West Texas
Ya'll
HoustonHouston
South Texas
Deep South Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment