Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

For our Daughters--Happy 2015

Lifetime: We're here to end it I said, & she said. No, we're here to begin it & then she turned & opened her arms, & everywhere I could see there were people, like bright birds calling with a thousand voices & suddenly I understood. Here is where it begins with all of us. Together giving our daughters a world worth loving for a lifetime to come.

Learning to Love: I see you walking slowly through the world, learning to love everything again for the first time & I want to hold you and say exactly the words you need to hear, because I have been there, too & I know the courage it takes to go on when your every breath aches.

Love not infatuation....I did not demand that he become my Great Emancipator or my Source of All Life, nor did I immediately vanish into that man's chest cavity like a twisted, unrecognizable, parasitical homunculus. During our long period of courtship, I remained intact within my own personality, and I allowed myself to meet Felipe for who he was...I have figured out that he cannot complete me, even if he wanted to...I can actually tell now where I end and where somebody else begins.  Elizabeth Gilbert...Committed

...and here we go...On the road again...Bob Seger

No comments:

Post a Comment